Stir fry is always one of my fav. recipes to make because 1 it takes no time & 2 it has all of the ingredients you need for a well balanced meal. Protein, veggies & whole grains all thrown together in one bowl to create the easiest and most delicious meal while also being incredibly filling.
BL Tofu Loaded Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups kale, sautéed
- 1 cup purple cauliflower, steamed
- 1 cup chopped roma tomatoes, sautéed
- 1 cup sweet peas, sautéed
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Cut tofu into inch wide strips, cutting in half width wise to leave you with inch wide tofu squares.
2. Blot the squares with paper towels squeezing out as much water as possible, once blotted sprinkle with sea salt & pepper.
3. Add coconut oil to sauté pan and heat at medium high heat. When oil is hot place tofu squares on pan.
4. Saute each side for 3-4 minutes or until crispy, but still a bit squishy on the inside.
5. While tofu is cooking, cook brown rice according to directions on bag & begin to steam cauliflower.
6. Remove tofu and set aside on plate.
7. Bring pan back to heat adding in kale & chopped tomato. Sauté until crispy and darker green in color/ tomatoes are heated through.
8. Remove and set aside on plate.
9. Bring pan back to heat adding in water chestnuts & sweet peas. Heat until warm. Remove & set aside on plate.
10. When rice is done, add tofu, veggies, and coconut aminos to pot, stirring until all combined.
Looking for more recipes to prep this week? Check out BL Recipes Here.