- Now that thanksgiving is over and I have thoroughly stuffed my face with endless turkey and an array of desserts I am in full christmas mode! I'm not kidding you the day after thanksgiving Chris and I cut down our tree and I took down all of the fall decor and switched it to christmas. It truly is my favorite time of year. I purchased most of my decor at the Christmas Tree Shop or Target. Even if you're a girl on a budget you can still decorate... hello Target dollar section! I scored some super cute Christmas pillows and decor from there and in total they were $12! I also have a love for making ornament wreaths which I will do a quick little tutorial on next week so stay tuned for that.
- On a whim I decided to order Live Blissfully mugs with the help from Alix my amazing friend who has been helping me design my blog for quite some time now. I had always known I wanted to do something with the Live Blissfully motto but never knew what. Finally I decided on mugs and am in love with how they came out! If anyone wants one shoot me an email.
- If you guys follow me on Instagram or Snapchat you would have seen that a few weeks ago Chris and I built our headboard. It was a little more complicated than I had expected (only because I got the wrong sized foam board) but in the end came out great. As always I took step by step photos to show you guys the process in case any of you are in the market for a new headboard but don't want to pay the outrageous price for one. We modeled ours off the one pictured above. I loved the light grey fabric and the nail head accents, but not so much the price. I'll let you guys in on how we made ours in the next few weeks!
- I was determined to get our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving this year and really wanted to cut it down ourselves. Chris's mom let me in on a Christmas tree secret of getting a fraisser fur tree because they last longer and smell the best! Well what do you know she was right, it hasn't died yet and has the best Christmas aroma.
- Essena O'neill recently has been in headlines for speaking up about the negativity in social media. She took to Instagram to speak her opinion on the negative impact social media has had on her life. She changed all of her photos captions to read about what went on behind the scenes of taking those photos, what she felt pressured to do from companies paying her to model a product, and how she truly didn't know herself behind the likes, views, and followers. Her website speaks all about her thoughts on social media and her experiences. I seriously commend her for basically saying everything everyone else doesn't want to. I feel like we all can relate to her message. Go check out her website, and Instagram!
I'm also going to NY this weekend to visit my best friend Kara so that is definitely something I'm loving this week. Can't wait to spend some quality shopping, catching up, and reminiscing with my bestie.