I can't believe i've never told you guys about my serious love for my crock pot! Now that the air is getting cooler and fall is really setting in crockpot recipes will be my go to throughout the week. They're so quick and easy I sometimes think the crockpot is a little piece of magic. I prepared this beef stew in 15 minutes and threw all the ingredients in the crockpot and it was done 5 hours later, ready to devour. Easy as pie. Chris and I have been so busy throughout the week (class, work, homework, teaching Piyo, etc.) that most nights after getting home and cooking dinner we aren't eating until 8:30-9. Crockpot recipes are ready the moment we step in the door and I couldn't be more thankful for the simplicity!
Crockpot Beef Stew
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 lbs of beef roast chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lb yellow baby potatoes cubed
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tbsp brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Chop beef roast into chunks and place in slow cooker.
- In small bowl combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the meat and toss to combine until the meat is coated.
- Chop onion, celery, and potatoes.
- Add in onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 10-12 hours if you will be out for the whole day.
- Remove bay leaf.
I hope you all enjoyed this beef stew recipe and will be back on Wednesday for a fall DIY roundup.