Apple Crisp is a must make during fall, at least for me! My aunt and uncle own an apple farm 10 minutes from my house, so with that many delicious apples around something needs to be baked. I always love apple pie but dislike how mushy the apples get (and I didn't have pie crust) so I opted for a recipe that I could alter a bit....The most delicious apple crisp you will ever eat.
- 6 Apples of your choice (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Topping:
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (or good old Butter!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Wash and peel your apples.
2. Chop your apples into bite sized pieces. I did mine on the larger size because I don't like them getting mushy when they bake.
3. Add in Flour, Sugar, salt, and cinnamon to the apples and mix until coated.
4. In a separate bowl mix together all of the topping ingredients.
5. spread the apples in a 11x7 glass baking dish, and layer the topping on top of the apples.
6. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until top starts to brown.
7. Enjoy with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, and caramel sauce!